Thursday, June 21, 2012

Things that make me happy.

My best friend having a job that allows him to talk on the phone while he works, and him spending a good 20 minutes on the phone with me letting me vent, giving me advice and reassurance with a reality check thrown in there for good measure. I have the greatest best friend/big brother/sometimes therapist. He's definitely not perfect, but he teaches me so much, never holds anything against me, and is always there to remind me of the kind of person I really am. He's the only person I've ever known who has loved me and been there for me without condition and never left me even when I gave him every reason in the book to. He makes everyone else, all the crappy, immature people I have to deal with, seem like nothing more than background noise. I couldn't have asked for a more compatible best friend.

Sitting in front of a fan when it's 95+ degrees outside.

Also, finding out the massive heat wave is due to end in a couple days.

A test not being as hard as I expected it to be.

Being on time for things.  (Yes, that really does make me happy.)

Being alone in the apartment so I can sing.

Hearing "I love you." It's no secret that words of affirmation is totally my love language.

Reminders from people I've never met in person that I am never alone.

Making plans with my awesome mentor, who offered to give me a personal tour of the Capitol sometime next month! (She's a scheduler for a Congressman.)

Not getting lost in the maze that is the Navy Memorial office anymore.

Finding a video like this on Twitter, and getting that feeling you get when you find a performance with two singers whose voices seemed to have been made JUST so they could sing together.  That ridiculous, goosebump-giving, leaves-you-speechless, totally awesome feeling.



Then going to the guy's Youtube page and finding out that he also did a solo cover of one of your most favorite '90s songs.



I was going to write a post about how much tonight sucked.  This seemed like a better idea.

1 comment:

  1. Personal tour of the capitol= AWESOME!

    When I went to DC a few years ago you couldn't go in the capitol building for some sort of security reason. If you can take pictures, please do. :)

    ReplyDelete