Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Friends, Drama, Birthday, and a Weight Loss Update

Well, this is unusual.

I have no idea what to blog about tonight.

I mean, I know this has happened before, but it's pretty rare.

It's probably because my head is already in DC, and I haven't been thinking about much else.  That isn't good because I have to get this paper done for French by Friday.  But it'll happen.  It always does.  I have much practice at procrastination.

Plus, I'm just mentally exhausted.  Last night, I got this message from Gabe on Facebook chat that ended up turning into yet another problem between the College Democrats and College Republicans.  Or maybe it was already a problem, and Gabe just made me aware of it by bringing me into it.  And I understand why he did that because I'm pretty much the only CD officer that the CRs can have a legit, straightforward, calm, kind conversation with.  So anyway, after I got off the computer with Gabe, I called Louis and he and I talked for a good 30 minutes.  And then he asked me to talk to Gabe again to explain some things that he and Gabe can't talk about because they hate each other way outside of this political arena.  But Gabe didn't answer, so I went to bed.

Gabe called me back this afternoon, and I spent 37 minutes on the phone with talking stuff out.  I don't know how much good it did, because he said he is done speaking to the CDs as a whole because he feels "stabbed in the back".  So basically a good majority of the conversation was me trying to get him to understand that I didn't personally do any of the stuff he was mad about, and that because we knew each other long before either of us got involved in these clubs, his friendship means much more to me than all this stupid drama.  I don't know why he all of a sudden wonders if he can trust me, but it's like he can't see that Louis's views and actions and Chris's views and actions do not necessarily mirror mine in every regard.  I will always be his friend, I just want him to back off with the rage.  I don't care if he hates Louis on a personal level, I only care if that hatred turns into a vendetta that affects our clubs by taking up time.

There is some good news in all of this, though.  Louis, as the president of the CDs, went to Nate, the chairman (basically the president) of the CRs, and they seem to be on the same page as far as how the two clubs need to cohabitate come fall and the election season.  That is one relationship that is key.  Also, by the end of our conversation, Gabe agreed that our friendship meant more than all of this stupid drama that we've ALL had a hand in creating.  So he and I are good on the personal front, which is nice because I truly do care about that kid.  The best news of all, though, is that Louis, Chris, and I have all made a pact to not engage any of the CRs in Facebook/Twitter debates.  That's where almost all of the drama starts, so we're just done.  We really do want to be able to get along with the CRs and coexist on campus in the fall without feeling like we're in the middle of a war zone.  Louis and I both consider several of the CR members friends, so it's what needs to be done.

Today I really did nothing of importance except go out to eat with the family to celebrate Aunt Donna's and my birthdays.  Hers was last Sunday, and mine is next Friday but I'll be in DC (AH!), so it just made sense to combine the two.  I finally got the grouper that I had been craving, which is pretty much the only fish I like to eat.  And I got cheesecake for dessert because I've been really good at not eating a lot of sweets.  Speaking of which, I weighed myself today, and I'm about 25 pounds down from my heaviest.  Which is AWESOME.  And it's only gonna get better from here because the girls I'll be staying with in DC are big workout freaks, so if I have them to go with, I'll be more motivated to go to the gym on campus as opposed to going by myself.  Plus, I mean, you know, I'll be walking all over a giant city for eight weeks.  That's definitely going to help. :)

Oh look, I did manage to find something to blog about.  I can't come up with a creative title, though, so you get what you get.  On to tomorrow.  There will be a fun picture coming. :D I can't remember if I've already mentioned what is happening tomorrow, but in case I didn't, I'm going to leave it like this to maybe surprise you.

This song...is just because it makes me want to dance.



1 comment:

  1. Yo may have mentioned what's happening that will result in a fun picture, but if you have I have no recollection of it. Looking forward to seeing the picture!

    ReplyDelete