Sunday, June 17, 2012

Holding Out for a Hero

Today was a really boring day, up until the very end.

I've spent all day trying to make a dent in my reading list for class, and I still have so much to do.  So today's blog is going to be pretty short because I want to get at least one more thing read before I go to bed.

The thing that makes the ending of today NOT boring was the fact that I just spent almost 45 minutes on Skype with Jay.  That boy...I just don't know what I'm going to do with him.  I think I've had a crush on him pretty much since the end of our trip back in August 2008, but having him talk to me the way he does, when he's gorgeous enough to get pretty much any girl he wants, still doesn't really make any sense in my head.  And he said I'm the only one from America he talks to with any consistency anymore, and that for some reason says something to me, because I feel like if he didn't really care about me, he'd have let this friendship fall by the wayside just like all the others.  I don't know.  Every time we talk, I kind of have a hard time thinking straight for a while afterwards, so I'm probably not making much sense.

It doesn't matter, anyway.  He's in England, and he will be for at least the next year.  If he really does move here after that, like he promises he's going to, then we'll talk.  For now, I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is, harmless, flattering, flirtatious fun.

Isn't that what this point in my life is supposed to be about, anyway? (*cough* Laura A *cough*)

This video is just because I love the first song and the second song makes me want to dance.



1 comment:

  1. At 20??? Yep!!! That is exactly what it is all about!!! Helps you grow as a woman!!! Live it up girl!!!

    ReplyDelete