Thursday, September 30, 2010

An Unintended Break

Somehow, three days went by and I didn't blog at all.
The weird thing is I didn't even miss it.
I've been congested and tired and distracted by doing my IV antibiotics twice a day.
Which, by the way, is going just smashingly.
I've already got it down to a science.
I tell ya, though - it's gonna be a long six weeks.
Because as grateful as I am that I can take these antibiotics this way instead of sitting in the hospital for six weeks, it's a major pain in the butt.
Not to mention these doctors keep going up on my dosage and I'm concerned they're going to keep doing it till Red Man Syndrome hits me.
That's totally not fun to deal with, in case you were wondering.
I had it once last October when docs at Duke gave me this same antibiotic to fight my staph meningitis, and basically my whole body turned bright red, I spiked a fever, and it took laying on my bed naked covered in ice packs for an hour to cool me down.
Hence the name Red Man Syndrome.
I also found out that I'm a carrier for MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus). Also known as the most dangerous staph infection out there.
Just what I need, right?!
Anyway, it finally stopped raining tonight! It's literally been raining for days.
The news said there's two to two and a half feet of water outside!
I was supposed to go see Dr. P yesterday, but there was no way in the world we were going out in this mess.
But anyway, I'm just letting you guys know that I'm okay.
Tired, but okay.
Frustrated, but okay.
I'm just hangin' in there.
And we all know how much practice I've got at doing that, don't we? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment