Sunday, September 26, 2010

So confused.

Well, good news is my mom is taking tomorrow off (hallelujah!) because we've got a lot of things to figure out about how I'm going to deal with school and such.

The infection in my foot is a staph infection. It apparently started at the top of my foot, worked its way down to where the steel plate and screws were, and then when it had nowhere else to go, the infection exploded out of the top of my foot like a volcano, which is why blood and puss started seeping out of my incision scar Friday morning.

Dr. P will be by to see me in the morning. I'm also getting the PICC line put in. Mom said he wants to see me once a week for the next few weeks. So I still have no idea how I'm going to go back to school when I'll need to be back down here every week. However, I might be getting out of here tomorrow. We'll see.

My throat is incredibly sore still from the breathing tube. My shoulders and back are tight. I can't get comfortable in this surprisingly soft bed. I'm just tired. I'll post more tomorrow once we talk to the doctor.

1 comment:

  1. What a difficult ordeal, Mal... so glad to receive an update from you tonight, just got home from small group, been praying for you. How's the pain level now in your foot?

    I pray you can get much needed rest tonight even though it's difficult to get comfortable.

    (((((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete