Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby Steps

That's what my life is right now. Baby steps.

Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny (yellow polka dot bikini!...sorry) baby steps.

This part of the recovery process absolutely sucks because it's the most painful, but it's also the most crucial.

The good thing is that I don't have to push myself. I can't push myself. One, for the risk of tumbling and screwing my foot up again, and two, because of the pain in my left ankle. So things are going very, very slooooooooowly. However, I think I'm at about the same point I was 2 days after getting the cast off from the first surgery, so that's good.

Oh, and I forgot to show you guys the awesome before and after shot of my feet. It's so amazing. I still sometimes look at my feet and think they look like someone else's feet. :)

Isn't that cool?  And don't worry, the right bigt toe still looks crooked because of swelling.  I'm telling ya, it's a huge, huge improvement.  The best part of all is that aside from the tendon pain in my ankle, my left foot doesn't hurt at all.  I don't remember my feet ever not hurting, guys.  Can you tell I'm on Cloud Nine about this? :)

Speaking of tendons, though, I've flared up the tendonitis in my left arm from copying 7 pages of notes today, so I can't write anymore.  Besides, it's late.

No comments:

Post a Comment