Monday, September 13, 2010

Manic on Monday

Today has been nonstop.
Class.
Homework.
Lunch.
Class.
Class.
Reading.
Dinner.
More HOMEWORK.
Add in the freakout I had this afternoon, and you can just imagine how super my day has been.

What was the freakout about, you ask? Oh, typical me feeling so overwhelmed by everything that I called Mom in tears. Don't even know where that came from. Although, I did notice a few minutes ago that I forgot to take my medicine this morning, part of which was my anxiety med, so that just might have had something to do with it.

In all seriousness, though, I am feeling terribly overwhelmed. It's a never-ending cycle of homework, and essays, and quizzes, and tests, and I'm stuck in feeling like I'm just never going to get caught up. Plus, I'm working my butt off and I'm getting grades that I'm really not used to.

Thankfully, my mom is a teacher, so she gave me some studying tips and advice to talk to the teacher whose class I'm most concerned about (Western Civ). What would I do without that woman, I tell ya. To make me feel slightly less of a freak, she told me about a girl from our church, Brittnay, who is super smart and in grad school at YALE(!!!) right now, and her mom told my mom today that Brittnay has talked to them feeling the same way I feel.

Just must remember that a) this IS normal b) I WILL calm down and c) I can do this.

Note to self: Repeat phrase "I can do this" until you believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment