Saturday, January 16, 2010

Petty

UPDATE 1/17 6:00 pm: Holly is going to take me to the show! SO EXCITED! :)

ORIGINAL POST:

I received some news this afternoon that made me quite upset.  There's a band in Los Angeles, California, named Scarlet Grey.  I found them online and have been talking to them since August 6, 2007.  They quickly became much more than just some band whose music I liked; they were my friends.  They listened to me and we helped each other, counseled each other (they mostly counseled me), and basically acted like we had known each other our entire lives within a week. 

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for them to be able to come out to the east coast so that we could finally meet.  So imagine my surprise and excitement when they left me a comment a few days ago that said they were coming here, to North Carolina, in March.  Needless to say, I freaked out.

Well, today I found out that their one NC tour stop is during my Spring Break, and it's in Charlotte, about six hours away from my house.  Yes, it's on a Saturday, March 13, but there's no way my mom would drive me all the way to Charlotte and back two days before Chelsea's baby is due.  And I thought that since March 14 was open, they could schedule a show that day closer to me, but they have no control over the dates because it's some other band's tour and they're just going along.  I told Holly and her best friend/roommate, Carmen, that I would buy their tickets if they would drive me to Charlotte, but I doubt they'll do it.

I know this is petty.  How can I be so upset about this when I hear about those poor Haitians everywhere I go?  I have everything I could need.  I'm being stupid, but this still makes me upset and I can't help that.  I've wanted this for a long time, and I thought I was going to get it, and then I got it snatched away from me.  No, I didn't just lose my house to an earthquake, but bad news still sucks majorly.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment