Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dr. Dre? No, Dr. J!

I was sleeping so soundly that I literally jumped when my alarm went off this morning.  It was a pretty hilarious way to start off the morning.

And as for that reading for the quiz that I was going to do while eating breakfast this morning...yeah, that totally didn't work out.  But the universe worked in my favor today, because that class ended up being canceled!  So the quiz will be on Thursday, and I got the reading done tonight, so I'm all good on that front.

I forgot to mention something absolutely hilarious that happened in Protestant Reformation yesterday...Dr. Jonas performed a Dr. Dre rap.  And I caught part of it on video.  How could I not?!


I would have caught the entire thing had my phone not glitched at the beginning, but still.  This is hilarious.  What 54 year old Religion professor would rap Dr. Dre for his students just to make them laugh?  Besides Dr J, of course.  The best part was that this was totally random right in the middle of a lecture.  I don't even remember how we got here except for one guy saying "You said you'd rap!"  As thanks for him letting me post it online, I told him I'd do something special for everyone on the last day of class.  Let's just say it's going to remain a surprise until then and it's going to involve stepping waaaaaay out of my comfort zone.  But it'll get laughs.  And of course, I'll video my embarrassment for all to enjoy.  That's half the fun! :)

I think it's hilarious that my favorite class of this entire semester is the one class I'm not actually enrolled in.  Though I was informed yesterday that I have been "adopted" into the family.  I love it. :)  This class, for a myriad of reasons, has been such a good reminder about how sweet the heart of this school family is, a needed gift when I deal with plenty of not-so-nice people on a day-to-day basis.  It's great how God lines things up for you like that, stuff you don't even realize you needed until you have it.

Plus, I've had some very sweet and encouraging texts from friends today, so it has just all in all been a wonderful day.  I'm not gonna lie, though.  I am definitely way excited for tomorrow just so I can get back to Dr. Jonas's class. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment