Friday, October 25, 2013

The Sound of Silence

I have not done much else besides sleep today.

Considering I haven't so much as heard anyone's voice AND had a headache so bad I can't focus on school work, it doesn't sound like such a bad day.

Especially since if I'd been awake all day, I'm pretty sure I would have gotten wayyyyy too caught up in my head again.

Although, I did do a bit of research about the "pseudo seizures" (the reason why the doctors offered me a psychiatric consult) comment from yesterday (my mom told me I should just forget about it since it was coming from several doctors who don't really know me, but she wouldn't be able to forget it, either), and I learned that in order to deduce that someone has pseudo seizures, they must first rule out epileptic and non-epileptic seizures.  One of the possible causes of non-epileptic seizures?  Migraines. AKA what I've been dealing with on-and-off for years and 24/7 for the past 13 months!  I don't know why my doctor didn't connect this before, but I'm sure gonna find out on Wednesday.  I'm not crazy.

And now I think I'll go back to bed because....I can.  And the only reason I'm awake now writing this post is because Holly butt-dialed me and woke me up out of a dream that I was talking to Prince William.  Uh, boo.

I should be having a visitor tomorrow, so yay for that.

Coincidentally, Jenny & Tyler are releasing a covers album on November 12th called "For Freedom."  All the proceeds go to charities that fight human trafficking.  I think it's amazing that they put all this effort into making an album, which is so NOT easy, only to give all the money away.  Anyway, I'm on the launch team, so I got a free early copy of it, and it's INCREDIBLE.  Like, chill-inducing incredible.  One of the songs on it is "The Sound of Silence," originally by Simon & Garfunkel.  I grew up listening to that song (my mom is a big fan) so I hold the original in high regard, but I LOVE this.  Another one on the album is "The Scientist" by Coldplay, and I personally think their cover is BETTER than the original.  Shh....don't tell Coldplay. ;)

And so ends tonight's very random blog post.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment