Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stop Fighting, Start Listening

Considering last night was one of those nights that I barely slept and when I did it was tossing-and-turning and nightmarish, and today was one of those days that I spent in pain trying to catch up on all the sleep I didn't get, I don't have much to say.

But I did find out that that guest post I mentioned quite a while ago was posted on my friend Becca's blog.  It's titled, "Stop Fighting, Start Listening."  Check it out here, and please leave a comment!

Just like my mom and I couldn’t truly listen to each other when we were focused on ourselves and fighting to be right and to be heard, I couldn’t listen to God when I was fighting His pursuit of my heart. It was when I stopped fighting and started listening to the Lord that all the dark spots in my life didn’t seem so dark anymore. It was then that He started changing every aspect of my life, right down to the very core of who I see myself as. It was then that I started not only loving Him, but loving myself. Being right can be great for our egos, but being safe is what is great for our souls. And nothing of this world can offer the safety that we so desperately seek.

Check out the entire post over on Becca's blog. Love y'all.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment