Saturday, August 24, 2013

Not What I Expected

On Saturdays during the school year, I like to set an alarm for 10:30.  It's so I don't sleep all day and get work done, but also late enough that it feels different than my early wake-up calls during the week (you people with real jobs are probably laughing your heads off at me right now).

Anyway, first Saturday in the semester...didn't exactly turn out like I planned.  Surprise surprise.  I wasn't able to drag myself out of bed until 2:00 today thanks to the oh so lovely return of the headache that makes me feel a bit like a vampire since the slightest glimpse of sunlight makes me want to scream, "MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!"  So yeah, that was fun.  And totally destroyed my plans to be super productive and knock out a good chunk of this massive to-do list that I have for this weekend.  I seriously have no idea if this is normal for post-Botox treatment or what, this whole one step forward, two (or seven) steps back thing.

On the upside, I did still manage to get four long chapters read and all of my laundry done.  So at least I did something.

But the super, super good news?  After 17 very, very long weeks (yes, I counted), I get to return to Theater Church tomorrow!  I missed my church family SO much.  That by itself makes tomorrow a good day.

I'm gonna go to bed now so I can be well-rested for that, and for the work and meeting I have tomorrow.  Soon, on top of my crazy work load for my courses, I'll have tutoring to contend with, too! Ah!  Lord, keep me sane.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment