Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Girl Time

Today was a good day.

I got up at 8 and immediately called the bookstore.  Thankfully the manager that knows me was there today, and he said it was totally fine to do what my uncle asked and just fax him the bill for my books.  So I got dressed and ate breakfast and first headed to get my new Student ID made when that place opened at 9.  It was smart of me to get there early because there were no lines.


My last Campbell ID ever!  Freaky stuff.  And I am totally wearing my favorite Vesper t-shirt in the picture.  I couldn't help it.

Then, I headed straight over to the bookstore.  Somehow, I think this was my cheapest semester yet, even though I also bought a Jansport bookbag (not cheap).  Weird, but hey, whatever.

After that, I came back and messed around on the computer for a bit and ate a little something before deciding to take a nap.  (I later realized that I took my night medicine this morning instead of my morning medicine, and my night medicine includes my sleeping pill, which explains why I was so tired when I shouldn't have been.)  Murphy's rule of naps: when you really want to sleep, everyone will want to talk to you; when you're wide awake and bored, no one will.  My phone kept going off.  It was aggravating, mostly because I clearly wasn't sleeping deeply because text message notifications don't normally wake me up, but I did get a little bit of sleep in.

Then, this afternoon, my friend Paige came and picked me up.  We went to Walmart, and I got a new desk chair (only $45!!), a bath mat, a couple towels, air freshener, a pillow and pillow allergy cover, and a curtain rod (because the one Jenn got me turned out to be too big).  After that, we decided to go to Zaxby's for lunch.  It was great to have time to just sit and talk and catch up with her.  She's hilarious!  After that, we came back and she helped me put my chair together; thankfully, she is a graphic design major and is therefore really good with visual stuff, because otherwise it probably would've taken me three times as long to get this together.  Ha!  I'm gonna miss her when she is in Ireland this semester (lucky thing!), but at least we got one good afternoon of girl time in before she leaves.

I got a weird stomachache tonight, so I couldn't go to Street Fair like I wanted to, but it's okay because something really awesome happened anyway.  I saw on The Vespers' tour dates page that they have a night Friday right set outside of Charlotte next month, and I posted on Twitter about it's how times like this that make me hate not having my own car (though my learner's permit did come in the mail today!), and Bruno wrote me back saying he was working on Raleigh for late October.  Half an hour later, boom, the ticket link was open.  Yes, I AM flying to Nashville in November and will see them for Taylor and Kyla's wedding, but it's not the same as a show.  These kids are the real deal when it comes to performing.  And I talked to my friend Summer, and since she loves them and has never met them, I bought the tickets and we're going to have a bit of a girls' night and go see them!  I'm so excited. :)  

And now I'm about to go to bed.  I only have one class tomorrow, at 10 am, but I am tired.  It's so crazy to think that my last year at this wonderful school is about to start!  All I'm missing is having Sundays at Theater Church in my life again, and it'll be complete.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment