Friday, August 16, 2013

A Night Out

Today was a good, good day.

Chelsea woke me up absurdly early for some bizarre reason and I couldn't get back to sleep for a bit, but eventually I did, and then she woke me up again, but I still didn't even get out of bed until 12:20.  After how long and exhausting yesterday was, that felt so good.

Mom and I both got showers, and then she took me to the eye doctor.  I got the lenses for both of my glasses replaced surprisingly quickly, and then we grabbed a late lunch, and she took me to get my haircut.  Now, I haven't gotten my hair cut or thinned since March, but one would think I was bald now considering how much hair was left on the floor afterwards.


Impressive, no?  All that is just from getting a couple inches cut off to get the front back to chin length and thinning it out.

Then, we went to Jacksonville.  First we went to Walmart and got a little bit of groceries and some bras and underwear for me that I definitely needed before I leave on Sunday.  Then we went to Staples and got Mom some notebooks for her kids.  Then we went to Sams and she got me a giant box of plastic silverware and a couple other food things for the house.  By the time we got home, it was 6:15, and I unloaded the car and then just hung out until two dear friends showed up for me.


Kasey is in the center and Crystal is on the right.  I first met these two ladies when I was 7 and they became regular babysitters for me and my sisters.  Mom was their 12th grade English teacher, and they actually became best friends in her class.  Tonight, they took me out for dinner and a drink, and I can genuinely call them friends.  I love that. :)  I don't remember life without them in it.  All we did was go to dinner and talk about all sorts of stuff, but it was so much fun.  They crack me up.  Kasey is such my big sister, and I look up to her in a way I could never look up to Holly or Chelsea, yet when I posted this picture on Facebook, she left me a comment talking about what an inspiration I am.  :)  Too sweet.  This was such a good thing for me after such a tense week.  I haven't had a night that made me happy like this since my birthday.

And now, another day is done and I am one day closer to returning to Campbell.  So yeah, today was good.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment