Friday, July 12, 2013

Looking Up

Tuesday, both Chelsea and Blake had their medications changed.  Mom had pretty much reached the end of her rope.  Things had to change because all day every day it was like she and I were living in the middle of a war zone.  Except the only difference is I get to leave next month and she's stuck here.  But suffice it to say, Mom was on the brink of calling a lawyer and fighting for custody (which probably wouldn't be that hard if/when it comes to that).

Thankfully, the psychiatrist that we have found really listens to my mom and is always willing to adjust things and help her help my sister and nephew.  I already mentioned how Wednesday Blake was totally out of it and cranky, and things weren't that great with Chelsea when she got home from work Wednesday night but they were much better than they could have been.

Here's the awesome part, though.  Yesterday and today, not only has Blake been back to his normal, sweet, goofy, non-aggressive self, Chelsea has made it through both days without being a total jerk to Mom or me.  I don't remember the last time she was nice for 48 straight hours.  Heck, Mom was even out all day yesterday so I was home alone with Chelsea and Blake all day, and we STILL managed not to fight the whole day.

Granted, I'm not going to get my hopes up too high when it's only been a couple days, but this is making me very hopeful.  I don't remember the last time we had back-to-back good days.

The feeling I get when I am reminded just how faithful God is, and how faithful He is to always show me that He hears my prayers, is pretty much one of those feelings I can't put words to.  And we all know how rare that is for me!

Fingers crossed, and lots of prayers going up!  To God go all the glory.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment