Saturday, July 6, 2013

I love Holly and Michael.

Don't get me wrong.  I love the rest of my family, too, obviously, but having these two here for a couple days has been a breath of fresh air, especially considering how crappy things have been with my family lately.

We had a great but busy day.

Despite the fact that Holly, Michael, and I all didn't fall asleep until almost 5 am, we were all awake by 9.

We laid around for a bit, but Blake was so rambunctious we decided it'd be better to be at the beach.

So Michael and I went on a grocery run.  Then we came back and made sandwiches for lunch at the beach.

Then we were at the beach from about 12 to 3.  It was the PERFECT beach day, weather wise.  It wasn't too hot, but it was warm, and sunny, and there was a great breeze.  I was ecstatic.  It was wonderful.  And I didn't get sunburned this time!

We got back home around 3:45, and I laid around for a bit while Mom folded laundry, Blake napped, and Holly and Michael went to pick up Chelsea and buy dinner supplies.

Then Mom and Holly immediately went into cooking.  What's the perfect dinner after a great day at the beach?  Seafood, of course.  So we had fried flounder and boiled shrimp (I only had shrimp because grouper is the only fish that I like) with vegetable sides.  It was delicious.  It was also a pretty long dinner.

We cleaned up, which also took a while, and then Holly, Michael, and I went outside and played cornhole while Chelsea got Blake bathed and calmed down and ready for bed.

Then we resumed our poker tournament from yesterday.  Despite the fact that Holly and Michael both have way more experience than me, I actually managed to outlast Michael.  And I could have beaten Holly if I weren't so exhausted and drugged on cold meds because my allergies decided to stage a mutiny today.  Eventually I just stopped caring, since it wasn't for real money.  The funny part was that at the end, I was down to $15 in chips, and I went all-in before any cards because I was basically trying to lose and Holly had all the chips so she only had to put in 15 to match me.  We did that again and again, and I ended up winning 3 hands straight before she finally beat me.  So I went from 15 to 120 before I lost it, haha.  Like I said, I probably could have made a decent attempt at beating, especially considering for quite a while there I had a lot more chips than her, but I was so exhausted that I just didn't care.

And now it's just past 1 am, and we are all going to bed.  I really really hope I don't wake before like 11 tomorrow.  I got Redeeming Love in the mail today, so I plan on being lazy and finishing that.  We've agreed no more poker, haha, especially since they have to leave tomorrow.

It was a good day.  Holly and I are getting closer and closer, and that makes me so happy.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment