Sunday, July 28, 2013

Love Everywhere

Man, y'all, God is so, so faithful.  I know you know that, but it's something you can never hear too much, and I can never say it too much, because it's a good reminder in those times when I start questioning things.

Today was one of those days where I couldn't get out of bed or open my eyes really for most of the day.  Third day in a row starting out like that, so I sent out a text to my "prayer team" about 11:15, knowing those folks are so faithful and would lift me up as soon as they saw the text.

Several people responded.  One of them was Jenn, who told me she and Justin updated Pastor Sean, which means I've got even more people in my church family covering me in prayer.  Several of the texts were full of confidence that I will get my healing and just reminding me to stay faithful.  They keep me focused on the Truth.  That's exactly what I need.

Not only did I get several texts, I actually got phone calls from two people that I haven't had a good chat with in ages.  First, Michal called me on her way to church, which is about a 20 minute drive and gave us a good bit to catch up.  It was so good to hear her voice and vent and talk and hear what she had to say, because she's another one of my friends that is just so, so wise, and like always, she ended the conversation by praying over me, despite the fact that she was a bit rushed.  She truly loves me, and I love her, and when I get back to Nashville, I am definitely getting a picture with her this time! :)

One of the texts I got was from Brennan.  All it said was "I will call you this afternoon" which sounded a little weird and formal, but lo and behold, he actually called me about 3:30, and despite the fact that I had to have the entire conversation with my eyes closed, he was so sweet to listen to me and give me his perspective and just be there.  My trust in him grows with every conversation.  It's gonna be a surreal moment when I see him in Nashville in November, for sure.  I'm so glad we're friends.  Things really worked out well in the end with him, and I'm so glad I never gave up on him or a friendship with him, despite what so many people who love me were saying.  He prayed over me on the phone, too, which was greatly appreciated.

My headache finally eased up around 5:00, like it has the past couple days, but I basically spent the rest of the night locked in my room with my earphones in because Chelsea was in a particularly awful mood.  Apparently I missed out on a lot, because as of tomorrow Mom is basically going on strike when it comes to helping Chelsea.  It'll be interesting, to say the least.

And to cap off the night, I just got off the phone from a conversation with Matt that lasted more than an hour.  I wanted to update him on the situation I discussed with Kyla and Caitie, not to get his advice because frankly I don't want his advice on this, but it was interesting to hear his reaction and opinion, and he even said he loves that I don't need him so much anymore but I still tell him everything.  And of course, I'm like, duh, you've only been my best friend since I was 13, you think I'm suddenly gonna start keeping stuff from you now?  :)  The funny part about it is that before he called, in a text he told me the conversation was going to have to be short because he had other people who needed to talk to him, but he got on some rants.  That's Matt for you.  But seriously, this was the perfect end to a weird and kind of rough few days.  No one gets me better than him, can make me laugh harder than him, or loves me quite like that kid does.  11 years later and we're still not sick of each other yet.  I'd say this friendship is one for the ages. ;)

But before I go to bed, even though it's already past 1 am, I have to listen to Pastor Chris's sermon from today.  He specifically told me to listen to it, and it was finally put online while I was talking to Matt.  Listening to a very wise man bring the Word sounds like a great way to end my night.  :)

And Chelsea is off for the next 3 days which means no Blake duty!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment