Friday, May 4, 2012

Packing is not fun. ever.

Packing is really not fun when it means you're packing up to leave a place that feels like home.  A place that is filled with people who changed your life, especially the ones you never expected to do that.  A place that often feels like my refuge.

I'm really gonna miss the Creek this summer.

This year has been the best year of my life.

Last year, I missed my friends about 10 minutes after we pulled out from campus.  This year, I miss them already, and I'm still here and seeing a few of them tomorrow.

But it's only going to get better from here because there are 37 days to DC! :)

Going home, I know it's going to be a battle.  And I know that because I am well aware of that, satan is going to try even harder to get me to break.  But I've been reminded many times this week that is my chance to be Jesus to my family.  My battle's already been won.  My only job is to tell everyone, even the ones like my family who don't want to hear it, about the God that made beauty out of the ashes that was my life.  I can do this, because I have God at my back.  Please pray He gives me the wisdom in how to approach dealing with Mom and Chelsea the right way for the 7 weeks that I am home this summer.

My Econ final was fine.  I was done early, then wasted an hour and a half waiting around for Louis who forgot about me and didn't get my texts and calls till he got home.  Ha.  I'm apparently more patient than I realized.  Then I've just been hanging out, talking to people, trying to get the mess that is my dorm room packed up and organized.  Gabe, Nate, Holly, Mom, and maybe Neal are all going to be here to help, which is awesome because I can't do a ton of physical labor with it being so bloody hot outside.  Boo North Carolina weather.  Yay friends.

Honestly, the high point of the day was definitely getting to talk to Taylor again tonight for more than 20 minutes.  It was sweet.  It feels so good to have someone you know you can let down all your walls with.  Sometimes, you're a gift to people and you don't even realize it until they tell you.  I pray that I always stay that humble.  It's been so beautiful to watch our friendship grow as it has, especially lately.

So yeah.  Saying goodbye to Campbell for 3.5 months really sucks, but my life, it's amazing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment