Friday, May 25, 2012

Finally!

It finally happened!

I FINALLY got my internship placement!

In just a short time, I will be spending eight weeks as a research intern and administrative assistant at the United States Navy Memorial.  My supervisor is the Vice President of the organization.  It's actually really cool because since my grandpa (mom's dad) was a Marine for 22 years, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for all military members and their families.  Apparently this organization helps children of Sailors go to college and other really cool things like that.  It's located right on Pennsylvania Avenue, too, so it's in the heart of downtown DC (and just a mile and a half down the street from the White House!).  I'm really excited.

To be quite honest, though, really, I'm just glad something finally came!  I can finally stop worrying about TFAS finding a place for me because with basically two weeks until the start of the program, I was getting concerned.

Holy crap.  This is really happening!  I'm really going to DC by myself for eight weeks!

Now, let's hope and pray I can find a path of transportation between my apartment and the internship that won't make me want to cut off my feet...

But still. It CAME!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    That is so incredibly cool. The Navy has always been my favorite branch of the armed forces thanks to my grandad. Since you have a soft spot for military families, I'm going to email you a prayer request about a military family I know. (It's too personal to put in a comment, hence the email. )

    ReplyDelete