Sunday, May 6, 2012

Battles

Ah, my first full day of summer vacation.  (Because sorry, I don't consider physical labor to be included in vacation.)

It's definitely been a challenge, but I managed to make it the entire day without letting Chelsea or my temper get the better of me.  So hey, I call that a success in my book.

I've said it before, I knew that because I was well aware coming into this that these five weeks were going to be a battle, that satan was going to try to make me break just that much harder.  I knew it was going to be a fight, but quite honestly, that just makes me so much more determined to be different this time, to be better.  And that's why I was praying in advance.

My battle is already won, though.  It was won when a King sacrificed himself for sins that I would make 2000+ years in the future.  I don't have to fight, I finally see that now.  I just have to be still and know that He is God, and let Him do His thing.

He's certainly blessed me with some sweet distractions to make getting through the day a lot easier.  And right now, I'm sharing my testimony with a friend.  That's always an extremely overwhelming and humbling feeling that never ceases to remind me that He's got me in His hands.  "Why me?" used to mean "Why are You doing this to me, God?"  Now, it means "Why did You pick me for this honor of being a living testimony for You?"  It never ceases to knock me off my feet.

1 comment:

  1. Hope these weeks at home go well for you!

    One final down, four and a paper to go. :)

    ReplyDelete