Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Obama came to NC today!

That really has nothing to do with the rest of the post, but I couldn't come up with anything else to put as the title.

My oh my, my back hurts.  I ha to carry around an extra notebook and my laptop all day, so that had a good bit to do with it.

I had French Conversation/Composition, which was my usual load of fun.  I seriously LOVE going to French class.  Dr. Steegar, to put it simply, rocks.

Then I went to lunch with Ryann.  And that is always awesome (when it gets to happen) because that girl is an amazing person and I am so lucky to have a best friend like her.

Then I went to Economics, which was pretty hilarious.  I've never had Dr. Steckbeck before, and he is really funny.  He started off the class by showing us a clip from a British game show called Golden Balls.  And as he put it, "it's always nice to make a room full of college students snicker like that."  I mean, seriously?  Golden Balls?

Then, I got his help on this graphing exercise I had to make up.  I'm not well-versed in the tools of Excel, so I was really lost.  Luckily, since he knew I missed the in-class instruction on the assignment, he had no problem helping me.  I learned a LOT about Excel in like 15 minutes.

Then, I went and took a math test.  It's a make up test that my professor gives to replace one of any student's test grades.  I needed this because I didn't take #4 at all since I was in the hospital, but lots of kids are taking it to make up for a test they got a bad grade on.  Yay nice professors.  She's actually giving the test in class tomorrow, but I took it early because I thought I was going to get to go see The Vespers tomorrow in Raleigh, but my ride backed out.  :(  Good thing I know they still love me, haha!

Mom got discharged today!  Hooray!  Sorry, that was random, I know, but that's how I roll.

I got to have dinner with Amy tonight, which was fun.  I haven't seen her in over a month, so I still hadn't told her about Nashville and all of its awesomeness.  I love telling people about that trip.  :)  Gee, I wonder why. ;)

Gabe messaged me today and told me he NEEDED me to come to this pig pickin' the College Republicans are hosting this Saturday.  I RSVP'ed "maybe" because I have a ton of work to do.  But he took the time to personally ask me to PLEASE come, and there's free food, and other College Democrat officers are going, so I figured why not.  Some local politicians are coming, so it could be fun.

Yawn.  It's late, and 6:30 is early.  Good night, world.

1 comment:

  1. Since you're the only political science person I know I was thinking about you yesterday when I voted. :)

    ReplyDelete