Monday, April 9, 2012

...Not a bug.

Today I got admitted to the hospital for pancreatitis.

Yes, that's right, ladies and gents.  Pancreatitis.

Because if it's medical and it can happen, it will happen to me.

Oh come on, I wouldn't be me if I didn't throw some sarcasm in there.

The good news is we caught it early, and my bloodwork numbers are only about 10 times higher than they're supposed to be, as opposed to when my mom had pancreatitis and they were about 300 times higher than they were supposed to be.

I went to the infirmary after my first two classes today because I had presentations so I knew I couldn't miss those.  The infirmary doc sent me to the ER because he thought I was dehydrated, which is a plausible assumption.  They did bloodwork and a CT and found the real cause.

Holly and Michael came down for a bit tonight and brought me my cell phone charger, and computer, and some necessities.  So sweet, because I would go insane being stuck in this hospital without any connection to the outside world.

All I have left to say is hooray for Dilaudid. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment