Sunday, April 22, 2012

Good friends make everything easier.

I know I've said this about six thousand times on this blog, but I'm about to say it again:

I have amazing friends.

Like seriously.  Maybe the reason I feel the need to say it so much is because I didn't use to have friends like this, and maybe it's a tad annoying (sorry, if so), but who really cares, right?  We as humans don't do nearly enough appreciating of the blessings we have.

Mom's in the hospital.  She says it's just a bad colitis flare-up, but there's a lot of things messed up right now, and the doctors are doing an endoscopy and a heart catheterization in the next couple of days.  And because I'm ridiculously stupid sometimes, I freaked out when I got this phone call this afternoon, even though I was grateful she actually told me this time instead of keeping it from me like she usually does.

Yeah, I know.  When will I learn, right?

So I did the first thing that popped into my head - I called Brennan.  And then he didn't answer, so I left a message.

And then I prayed.

And then I called Ryann, and she gave me a hearty reality check that I needed and talked me down from that edge of craziness.

And then I tried to focus on French.

And then Brennan called me back.  And as crazy busy as he is, he spent 20 minutes on the phone with me anyway, giving me advice, and making me remember the things that I know are the Truth.  After that, I finally felt at peace.

I got a few more friends praying about it, just for good measure, though. :)  The people I turned to, Michal, Alex, Gabe, and Taylor, were exactly the people I knew I could go to, the people who I knew would actually pray when they said they will.  Mom may be going through a trial of her faith, but I just felt like this was all I could do for her right now, so I had to.

Seriously, y'all.  I am so lucky to have these people (and so many others) in my life.  They hold me up when I feel like I'm crashing, they somehow know exactly what I need to hear, they pray for me and let me pray for them, they keep me focused on the One I need to stay focused on.

I hope you understand why this is so big to me.  I prayed for years to have reliable friends, and now I finally have them.  That's just...mind-blowing to a girl in my shoes.  Specifically, though, I prayed to have a friend my age who could be a Christian mentor to me, someone I could let myself trust and who could teach me lessons I so desperately need(ed) to learn.  And I found that in a church in Nashville, of all places.  I've only known Brennan for 17 days, and I have learned so much about God and what it means to be a follower of Christ through him in those 17 days, it's just...well, mind-blowing.  (I know, I say that a lot, too.)

God is good, all the time.  And all the time, God is good.

Okay.  I am bloody exhausted, so I'm going to bed.  Pray for healing for my mom, physical and spiritual.  Many thanks and SO much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment