Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm grateful for answers.

It's been an even longer than usual day.  I've been up since 2:40.  2:40 a.m.  I went to bed about 11:15 pm, woke up then because I had to go to the bathroom, and couldn't get back to sleep.  So I laid there till 6:15 am when I had to get up for the day.  Caffeine and having a lot of things to do are pretty much the two sole reasons that I'm even awake right now.  In fact, I kind of feel like I've hit my second wind...

I went to get my ultrasound results today.  No cysts!!  And it showed an issue that explains ALL of the problems I've had since I got my first period when I was 11.  I'd call that a successful doctor's appointment, wouldn't you?  **If you don't want to read me talking about periods and my uterus, skip the rest of this paragraph.**  The deal is that the lining of my uterus is twice as thick as it is supposed to be.  That explains why my periods are so ridiculously heavy and long and why I have cramps 24/7, not just when I'm on my period.  So I'm going to keep taking this Provera hormone for ten days every month (which I will admit sucks because it makes me gain weight, but whatever) for the next few months to see if it thins out the lining and fixes the problem.  When I get home for Christmas break, I'll go get another ultrasound to check it out and determine whether or not it has done so.  If the lining has thinned out, then great, there's nothing else for me to do and my periods should no longer be quite so debilitating.  If not, I will have to get a D&C (yes, the same procedure they do for women who miscarry) to go in and remove the extra lining.

So no matter what happens from here on out, I'm pretty happy.  I got answers to my problems, and I don't have to deal with cysts and possible fertility issues from them.  This is exactly what I was hoping for.  And the most beautiful part about it is that when I was waiting before the appointment, I was overwhelmed with peace.  I wasn't nervous at all about what might be coming.  Thank you, God, for giving me that this morning.

Then Mom, Ms. Rachel and I went shopping all afternoon and I got a bunch of stuff for school, and they got stuff they needed . Hooray for payday!  Plus, it was fun to be out.

Okay, seriously....this whole 2:40am-wakeup-3-hours-of-sleep is not working out for me well.  At least I know for sure I'll sleep well tonight, right?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you got answers and that you don't have cysts. :)