Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I love my bed.

Possibly more than a human should love an inanimate object.
But that's beside the point.

Today's appointment went smashingly.  My neurologist said that my CT looked great and I don't have to go back till next summer.  It was also one of the fastest Duke appointments I've had...like ever.  So yay for that.

We also went to Campbell today instead of yesterday because someone (*cough*Mom*cough) wouldn't get their butt out of bed in time to go before we had to be at Duke.  Oh well.  The important thing is that I have all my books for the fall semester and I won't have to worry about that once I get on campus in August.

So yesterday, after my CT at Duke, we went over to our hotel.  Holy cow! This Courtyard by Marriott had the most amazing beds.  It was like falling into a giant cotton ball, the mattresses were so soft and fluffy.  What I didn't know ahead of time about last night was that Holly and my "Aunt" Julie and "Uncle" Darryl were driving down from Raleigh and Greensboro to have dinner with us.  (And aunt and uncle are in quotes because they aren't actually my aunt and uncle.  Julie has been my mom's best friend since they were in middle school, so they're like family.)  Yay!  But come on, once they arrived, their real motives became crystal clear.  Dinner schminner.  All they wanted was to see Blake. ;)  Really, though, I can hardly blame them.  I mean, have you SEEN that face?! :D  Holly hung out with us in our hotel room till about 11 before she got tired and headed out.

This morning, I tried Biscuitville for the first time.  It was the only drive-thru place we could find nearby.  Mom said that Biscuitville was my dad's favorite place, which shocked me considering how much I've always known he loved Bojangles.  It was good, though.

I do have one complaint about this quick "trip," though.  OH. MY. GOSH. It was so freaking HOT!!!!  Especially this afternoon when I was at Campbell.  I was literally soaked the entire time.  (And poor Mom, she had to be even worse off, having to help me and take care of Blake.)  See, people, this is why I don't like leaving the house during the summer.

So yeah, that's about it.  We got home just after 5:30 today and I basically haven't left my bed since.  Did I mention I love this thing?!?! :)

2 comments:

  1. Stopped over from Jenna's


    Hope all is well Girlie! I'd Do the same exact thing...I love my bed too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Jenna's....just reading your post makes me want my bed.

    ReplyDelete