Sunday, July 25, 2010

Halfway There

So...I know I said I would post these pictures yesterday, but I totally forgot amidst the seriously painful muscle spasms and aches I was having. I figured y'all wouldn't mind if I posted them today.


Yes, this is a picture I posted here in January, but it's the only clear picture I have of what my feet looked like before the surgeries.  As you can see, they were bad. 



Pretty incredible, huh?  The thing is, I didn't realize how swollen my foot still was till I looked at the photos we took on Thursday.  Forgive the dead skin still on my heel.  I'm trying not to take too much off at once to keep the skin from getting raw. 

I am so excited about the progress that's been made.  My next appointment is August 2nd, where I'll get this cast off, some x-rays taken, and a new cast put on.  I hope the new cast is just a little bit shorter because when I'm on my scooter it digs into my thigh and burns, and it's hard to get my cast cover all the way over it for showers.  Speaking of showers, I took one tonight, and it felt fantastic. :)

It's going to be so amazing to be able to walk around like a normal person and not be in excruciating pain just trying to get through the day.  At school this spring, it was all I could do to go to classes, get food, and get back to my room.  As much as recovery sucks, I am so grateful for modern medicine.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, pretty amazing! Hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just thought I'd say 'hi' quick. Glad you're on the road to recovery! You'll get there. Keep your head up high and I'll keep the prayers coming!! :)

    ReplyDelete