Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Here I Go Again

UPDATE 8:00 pm: Okay, so I'm not going to Duke. My mom really thinks it wouldn't get me anywhere. However, she is going to call my ENT in the morning and see if they can fit me in on Monday. So we'll see. It's nice to know I don't have to go to Duke tonight.

ORIGINAL POST:

I went to the infirmary today because I haven't been feeling any better despite being on an antibiotic for a week, and I'm super nauseous like all the time, so I wanted to see if I could get a new antibiotic and more Phenergan (I ran out the other day). Well, the infirmary doc tells me he doesn't think I have a sinus infection right now, just according to the CT results, I have signs of chronic sinus infections in the past. He also told me that there's a cyst in the sinus cavity way in the back of my nose, pretty much next to my brain. I don't know why the ER docs didn't tell me that last week, since they were the ones who found it in my CT and even put it in the report. Basically, he wants me to get to Duke ASAP.

So I called my mom as soon as I got out of the infirmary and told her everything. She said that she would finish her work, talk to Holly and come up with a plan, and then call me back.

Well, half an hour ago she still hadn't called me so I called her. Chelsea texted me back and asked if I was trying to get up with Mom. Turns out the reason she hadn't called was because she and Chelsea were at the hospital getting monitoring for Blake. Nothing wrong, but he wasn't moving at Chelsea's doctor appointment so they sent her to the hospital to check on him.

She should be calling me any time. I'm trying not to worry. I'm trying to be calm...It's just hard. Just pray this is minor and the doctor overreacted. I don't think I can take something else going wrong this year.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you don't have to rush to Duke tonight, and glad Blake's OK too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day. Glad everything is alright with your nephew, and praying everything with you is minor!

    ReplyDelete