Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Smiles

Smile 1: My class was canceled today. Don't know why, don't really care.

Smile 2: I found out why I'm in pain. My thyroid levels were off again, so I had to go see the endocrinologist again today. She's very condescending and snappy, but she gets the job done. Well, the explanation is multi-faceted: I've been taking iron tablets on order from my primary care doc and she either didn't know or didn't bother to tell me that iron tablets can mess up the absorption of the thyroid med, the Prednisone I was on for a month because of the terrible asthma attack completely shut down my adrenal glands and they're just now restarting, and my primary care doc tapered me off the Prednisone too quickly. All three of those things together sent my body into a bit of shock. I should be back to normal within a week or so. Hallelujah.

Smile 3: So when I was coming back home to the apartment after that, I was in a really good mood. I was lip syncing and dancing to "Uptown Funk" on repeat the whole way, and truthfully, I did not care what I looked like. Well I take the 6 to the F to get home, and when I got to the F platform during my transfer, this guy stopped me and said, "Excuse me, I'm just curious what you were listening to on the 6 platform. I saw you singing and dancing and you just really made me smile because I felt the joy from you. You really brightened my day." I love how even in just being a goofball lip syncing and dancing to a song while walking home, I was able to make someone's day a little better. Don't tell me God can't use the small stuff.

It's late. I'm tired. I actually have to go to class tomorrow. Good night.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment