Friday, February 27, 2015

I'd rather have been killing myself at work.

I semi-collapsed at work today.

Bending my neck down to look at my drawer as I was counting change somehow screwed up my neck, which sent explosive feeling pain into my head and neck and immediately made me feel like I was going to have a seizure. That was awful and embarrassing.

I'm fine, but I spent a very long night at yet another NYC hospital today. It took forever to make any real progress because the place was a madhouse, but the good news is that once I did see someone, the doctors I saw were very kind and thorough and listened to me.

Needless to say, this was not my favorite day. I'm thankful that I was taken care of, and that if this was going to happen at work, a) I didn't actually have a seizure and b) the manager that was on is very sweet. Hopefully when he told the higher-up manager that came on after him, it won't cause any problems for me. I guess I'll find out Sunday when I go back for my next shift.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment