Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Bright Side

Today the only sleep I got before class was about half an hour in the recliner around noon, only because I had time to kill. So yeah. My night was fun.

I was pretty miserable at not being able to sleep, since I knew that the nap I took yesterday wasn't the reason since I kept yawning so I knew that my body was plenty tired.

Then, around 5:30 this morning, as I laid there, I got a text. At first I thought who the heck is texting me at this hour?!

And it was Ricky. One thing I've told all my brothers is that if they needed me, they could call or text me anytime, and I knew if he was texting me at 5:30 am it had to be something. A second later, I remembered it was his big surgery day. He couldn't sleep, so he texted me because who else would better understand what he was feeling?

So we spent the next almost three hours on FaceTime talking about anything and everything and it was so much fun, for two sleep-deprived people. We made faces at each other, we laughed, we prayed, we shared stories, until I finally managed to get him to doze off.

It was a very sweet time, and I'm really glad that I was awake to hear his text. I love that there can even be a bright side to a lack of sleep.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment