Friday, August 22, 2014

Spiegel

One of my favorite things about New York City is the never ending supply of awesome restaurants.

One of my favorite things about where I live is the numerous awesome restaurants that are literally on my block.

I've mentioned the 24-hour deli that's just a few buildings down.  McDonalds isn't even open 24 hours in Swansboro.

We've fallen in love with a pizza place that is even closer than the deli.  So much better than the chain pizza places that is all you can get in NC.

But my favorite of all is the restaurant that is on the corner of our block.  Spiegel.  I went there for breakfast and lunch today partially because I was too lazy to cook, partially for the awesome staff, and mostly because their food is incredible.  I had a baked croissant stuffed with scrambled eggs for breakfast and a juicy juicy classic burger for lunch, and they were worth every penny.  Plus their triple chocolate cookies fresh out of the oven? TO DIE FOR.

I don't know if any of my readers ever visit NYC since no one ever comments here, but I just had to put this out here.  If you're ever in the city, I know the East Village isn't exactly a tourist spot, but go ahead and come down here and eat at Spiegel on 1st Avenue.  You won't regret it!  And like I said, on top of the incredible food, the staff is some of the best I've ever seen.

And let me know if you do, and we'll eat together. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment