Saturday, May 4, 2013

Progress, people.

Today had its hindrances, but this thing might actually get done.  And on time, too!

Combine my head being in really bad shape most of the morning and spurts of Blake babysitting, and I didn't get started until after 4:00 today.

I was kind of freaking out, knowing this thing needs to be emailed in tomorrow night, but here we are, seven and a half hours later, and I'm through two of the five sections, one of which will be the longest section of the paper.  And all that includes major breaks for dinner and needing to lay down because my hips were throbbing from being in the same position for too long.

There's no page or word number "recommendations" on the assignment sheet, so I'm not even worrying about that.  I'm just going through my sources systematically and doing this thing to the best of my ability.  That's all I can do.  I'm expecting to get a B in this class, anyway, and I don't foresee Dr. Thornton giving me anything less than a B on this paper, so it's all good.

Every single time, so much of the stress that hits me with a big research paper, especially one I've procrastinated on, is lifted once I just start the darn thing!  I feel a lot better about not only getting this thing done, but getting it done in the time frame I promised my professor despite my head, and getting it done well.

Yay.  Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I will officially be on summer vacation and really be able to enjoy the stack of books I have to read!

Anyway, I'm pretty exhausted, so I'm gonna go eat a snack and go to bed.  Hopefully I'll be able to start on the other three sections MUCH earlier tomorrow.

At least I'm going to bed smiling.  You wouldn't think that would happen in the middle of a huge research paper, huh? :) 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment