Friday, May 24, 2013

Long Day

Oy.

Today made me realize two very important things:  1) It is, physically, going to be a very grueling summer. and 2) Weekdays and weekends are very, very different things in the restaurant world.

Oh me oh my.  Today was the first lunch shift I worked, and it was crazy seeing these rushes of people come in.  There were also some good breakfast rushes, too.  I thought I was never going to get a break because the people just kept on coming.  Needless to say, I got my full 7 hour shift in and just about dropped when I got home.

The good news is that I had a talk with my manager today and he's so nice, we came up with a couple ideas that will still allow me to work plenty of hours but not be so strained.  I'm hoping what he'll do is start putting me in the afternoons and evenings when the pace is slower.  We'll see.  He had some concerns, but told me not to feel discouraged and that I'm not in trouble or anything.  It'll be okay.

Day 2 of 4 is done.  I'm exhausted.  Thankfully I managed not to take a nap when I got home today, so I should sleep good.  But I need to get to bed. 5:15 comes early!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment