Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day One

Otherwise titled: That day where they pay you to watch videos about information you probably should've been able to figure out in the first place.

So I don't exactly have a good idea of physically what this job is going to be like, because I was sitting down the entire 4 hours filling out paperwork, watching videos, taking quizzes, and listening to the manager go over the exact same info that was in the videos, but hey.  I went, and I'm officially allowed to work now.

I work 7-12 tomorrow.  They're required to sort of phase you in to make sure you don't get burnt out right off the bat, which is probably the best possible scenario for me physically, but I hope I get up to full-time hours soon because I need the money.  My manager didn't seem like that'll be a problem, though.  At least tomorrow I'll get to do stuff.

This is gonna be good for me.  I'm not nervous anymore, just excited.

I haven't really done anything else today.  Just been lazy and ate lots of good food.  I'm thinking as soon as I listen to this online sermon, I'll go to bed so I can be well rested.  Plus I'm tired, which I find odd since I didn't do anything today.  But it is what it is, and I've never had to be anywhere at 7 am before, except for maybe one breakfast in DC, so I'm sure 5:30 is gonna be rough.

So yeah.  Today was good.  I'm excited for tomorrow.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment