Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sure

Something happened tonight.  I'm not sure how and I'm not sure why now, but it happened.

I was sitting on my bed texting Caitie when all of a sudden, this feeling came over me.

Out of nowhere, I was overwhelmed with this feeling that everything is going to be okay.  Not right away, and not easily, but I just know that in the end, I'm going to be okay.  This whole mess I'm dealing with is going to be okay.  These days of debilitating pain are going to be redeemed, and I'm going to once again be left with a life that is brighter and fuller than anything I could have created on my own.

I feel like God is telling me that this journey through this trial is not going to end quickly or easily, but I'm going to be happy I traveled it.  And it will end.

It's like the struggle I mentioned yesterday - the one between knowing God can heal me and believing that He will - was gone in a flash.  He's going to heal me.  I'm going to be okay.

Don't ask me why I'm all of a sudden so sure of this.  Don't ask me what changed.  I don't know.  It's one of those things that can't be explained.  All I know is that I'm sure of this.

John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy.  I have come so that they may have life, and have it to the fullest."

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment