Saturday, February 5, 2011

Concerned

After I went to see my migraine doc on January 6th, I was excited to try the new medicine she put me on.

It was Propranolol.

For two and a half weeks, it worked amazingly well.

I barely had any headaches, and the ones I did get were totally bearable and didn't affect my day-to-day life.

I thought, "This is awesome!"

And that, my friends, is where I went wrong.

On January 24th, it was like someone flipped a switch and BAM! since that day, I have had headaches every. single. day.

That means this is now even worse than before because at least before this med, I had a few days where I didn't hurt.

I called her on Tuesday (she had asked me to call her, anyway, and tell her how I'm doing) and after consulting with her, she told me to double my dose till the end of next week and see if that helps.

So far it hasn't done a thing.

So I'm concerned.

I don't want to deal with another medical problem that the best doctors in the state can't manage to get under control.

But that seems to be what my life is.

So today, I'm hangin' in there, trying to fight through this horrendous migraine to get my mountain of work done. 

But honestly, at this point, I think I just need to go to bed.

1 comment: