Monday, February 14, 2011

Meet my son.


His name is Mauricio.  Isn't he cute? 

He's 12 years old, and his birthday is in October, two days before my mom's birthday.

He lives in the mountains of El Salvador, in a town called Via El Rosario.

He lives with both of his parents and has one sibling. 

His favorite activities are soccer (!!!), bicycling, and playing group games with friends.

I'm his Correspondence Sponsor through Compassion International.  (That means, for whatever reason, his financial sponsor can't or won't send him letters.)

I, being a broke college student, don't have a solid income to financially support a Compassion child, so I decided last month that I would and could write a child letters.

I find it so...fitting that his Compassion center is called Vida Abundante Student Center.  For all you non-Spanish-speaking peeps, Vida Abundante means Abundant Life.  My prayer is that by making contact with him, giving my support, along with the support of his financial sponsor and the Compassion workers, Mauricio will have abundant life.

I am so excited.  Like, really...you have no idea.

Best Valentine's Day present EVER!!!

3 comments:

  1. ************* SQUEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!! *************

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know they would split it up like that. How convenient for you!!!

    We have a little girl from Honduras. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice looking young man!! Congrats and many blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete