Tuesday, April 22, 2014

This Place


It was a beautiful day today.

I find such peace when I can just walk through campus with my earbuds in, mouthing the words to my favorite songs (yes, I am one of THOSE) and staring at the beauty that surrounds me.  Outside on days like today, I can put music on and block out, even if just for a few moments, everything that is weighing me down.  If I'm lucky, I'll even accidentally run into someone I love, any of the countless people that love me so well and can put a smile on my face any day, like when I ran into some soccer boys this afternoon.

Oh, this place.

I am ready to move on, ready to go to New York, but I am not ready to say goodbye.

I am not ready to leave this campus for good.

I am not ready to leave behind the family I made here, with absolutely no knowledge of when I'll see them again.

I am not ready to only be able to talk to my most favorite people on the phone, Skype/FaceTime, and social media.

I am not ready to say goodbye to the people who changed me for good.

No matter where I go or what I do, I'm going to carry memories of this place with me.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment