Friday, November 1, 2013

Today, I'm thankful for showers.

My hair is very oily by nature, so skipping a shower one day means I will inevitably look like a greasy mess the next.

Well I went from Wednesday morning to Friday afternoon without showering, and I had what felt like baby oil all in my hair, because it was the product they use to get the EEG leads off my head.  I really was a greasy mess when I got back to campus.

So stepping in that shower, getting clean was amazing.  But I also couldn't stop thinking about all the people in the world who don't have the luxury.  A somber thought.

Tonight.....was rough.  For reasons I don't really want to get into.  I'm thankful for friends who are there when I need them.  I thought I was going to get work done tonight, but instead I'm just going to bed.  It'll have to wait until tomorrow.

And at least I have the boys' soccer game to look forward to.  Ah!  My last chance to see them play, and a goodbye for the seniors!  I'm looking forward to really returning to my normal life - the game tomorrow, church Sunday, Reformation!!! and back to tutoring on Monday, and the long and arduous process of getting caught up on everything I'm behind in.

But for now, I sleep.  Happy November, everyone.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment