Saturday, November 23, 2013

Peace Like a River

Maybe all I needed to get over that unnerved feeling I've had since Sunday was a long night of sleep.

Because for some reason, I slept for 16 straight hours, aside from waking up long enough to take my morning medicine, and tonight, I just...have peace.

I don't know why.

But I don't really need to.

All that matters is that it's here, and I am so, so thankful to God for helping me get to the place where I'm okay with not knowing what is coming next.  He is in control, and that is enough.

There's a lot of unknowns coming my way in the next few weeks, but in the midst of all of that, what I do know is that the God who got me to where I am now will get me through them.  Because when everything else changes, He doesn't.  His character is the one thing I can rely on.  Thank you, God, for loving me when I doubt so much that You never give up on getting me back to this place of trust and peace.

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment