Thursday, July 26, 2012

And somehow, I still want to talk on the phone.

The seminar this morning was really interesting.  It was all about graduate schools and the application process and finding a program that's right for you.  There were 4 speakers, one from George Washington, one from Georgetown, one from Johns Hopkins which was insane because she was the one speaking on international affairs and I didn't even know JH had a good program but it turns out they and Georgetown have like the top 2 best international affairs programs in the country, and a guy from the Princeton Review who spoke on getting ready for the tests necessary for grad schools (GRE, MCAT, LSAT, and what not).  I'm definitely glad that I went.

And no, that's not just because I got out of two of my eight hours of phone calls. ;)  Six hours was plenty.  We got through another almost 200 calls and I had a massive migraine by the end of it.

Then, I went to class which...well, was hard to focus on because of said migraine.  But I survived.

Then, I came back and took a shower and hung out. I ended up spending like 50 minutes on the phone with my friend, Jess, which was so good for my soul.  I can't believe I still want to have phone conversations with people after spending all day on the phone saying the same thing over and over again.  I am so blessed to have so many good, reliable girlfriends in my life.

And then I started surfing Youtube.  This isn't a worship song, but this a capella group certainly made this Beatles song feel like a gospel.  I love The Beatles, and "Let It Be" is one of my all-time favorite songs.  It's quite possibly the best cover of a Beatles song I've ever heard.  Check it out.  (The song only goes from :10 to about 1:50, the rest are judge comments, but it's the only quality video of the performance I could find and  I want you to see the emotion of the lead singer.)



1 comment:

  1. If you want any advice about the GRE, I recently took it. Still praying. :)

    ReplyDelete