Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Checklist

Wake up way too early? CHECK!

Mindlessly label and stuff envelopes for four hours? CHECK!

Go visit the State Department, aka the place I hope will be my employer one day? CHECK!

Almost cause a security crisis because I need water to handle sitting in the heat? CHECK!

Get my name on a list of people interested in internships next summer with the State Department? CHECK!

Get completely unnerved by the x-rays from my roommate who managed to completely split a bone in her foot in two without even falling over? CHECK!

Praise God for protecting my friends during something scary? CHECK!

Go to a heartbreaking, totally convicting lecture on sex trafficking that's happening right here in the US? CHECK.

Leave said lecture to find that the bottom has fallen out of the sky, even though there hadn't been a drop of rain all day? CHECK!

Walk home in the pouring rain? CHECK!

Sort of twist my ankle while trying to get in my apartment? CHECK!

It's been an exciting day.  Ha!  And I get to wake up 45 minutes earlier tomorrow than usual.  I better get to bed.

I love DC.  I can't believe we're already in Week 5.


me and a friend at the State Department before the lecture started :) 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to see the State Department. Sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete