Friday, July 20, 2012

You can't say "good eye might" without sounding Australian.

I went to Australia today for a couple of hours.

Embassy visit day! And how perfect I was getting to go to the country where one of my favorite online friends (I call her that because we met through a book club, added each other on Facebook, and now we talk on Twitter, so I don't really know what to call her) lives, Jen. :)

It was cool.  Our speaker was Amanda Sayegh, the Economic Minister Counselor.  So, duh, we learned all about the Australian economy.  Biggest lesson I learned?  Australia has it MADE.  I must at the very least visit there one day.


This is Amanda.  LOOK, JEN! A real, live Australian, just like you! Except she's cool and moved to America. :p


me in the lobby - I had to get a picture of my first embassy visit!

Yeah...I'm taking the day off from any deep talk.  I don't want to bore you. ;)  It's been a pretty fun day.  I slept in, went to the Embassy, came back, hung out, and had a ridiculously cool and eye-opening chat with Taylor's girlfriend.  God never ceases to surprise me with the people He'll put in my life and my path.

And now I'm going to bed and enjoying the fact that I have absolutely no plans for the rest of the weekend.

G'day, mate. ;)  Jen, that was just for you.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'd love to know your thoughts on WHY we have it made :)

    ReplyDelete