Sunday, June 7, 2009

Whoa baby.

For some strange reason, it's taking a while to sink in that I'm done with high school. Classes were done Thursday, and after taking two tests tomorrow, I'll be done with my online class. I could do those tests tonight, but my brain's slightly toast from doing basically nothing but read tonight and last night. But yeah....I have graduation practice on Wednesday, and then the big day on Thursday.

All of this, of course, is dragging back the gnawing fear of actually becoming an adult. Okay, so techincally college doesn't mean you're an adult, but I still have to move out and leave my mom, and separation anxiety has kind of haunted me ever since my dad died. (That and a bad paranoia that something bad has happened to my family, but that's another story.) I'm nervous. But apparently that's normal? I don't know. This is one of those times that no matter how many people tell you it's completely normal to feel the way you do, you still feel like a freak or a baby.

Strangely enough, my life's kind of dull right now. Sisters aren't causing any drama (for the first time in like a decade) and my mom and I are just chill because they're not being stupid.

Now, if I didn't have the sinuses from hell, everything would just be gravy.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your sinuses. Be glad their is not alot of drama. With five daughters, there is way too much over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's normal to freak - college is a big change. But I think you're SO ready - just from reading your blog for the last month or so. The definition of a teenager (to me) is a person with about 50 different conflicting emotions going on at the same time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete