Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Confusing.

Some girl on Facebook who was really snobby to me yesterday is now trying to convince me that the schedule I got offline isn't my real schedule. She says that some guy who is a current student at Campbell and works on the schedules told her that we'll get our actual schedules at Orientation. Her reasoning is "How can they pick our classes without us being at Orientation to make sure those are the classes we want? It doesn't make sense."

BUT...

It makes sense to me because freshmen have to get past all the general ed classes. And Dr. Thornton, who's going to be my advisor and is the head of the international studies dept (my major), told me that they make the schedules for the freshmen when I met him in April. Besides, why would they bother making fake schedules for everyone?

I don't know about you, but I'm thinking I should believe a professor over a student. Just saying. I'm waiting for her to reply to what I left on the "Campbell Class of 2013" Facebook wall. I'm expecting some snappy remark. Frankly, I'm glad she deleted me.

Maybe it's that this is the schedule they set up for you, and you can change it if you want? I told her "I don't know, whatever, I guess we'll all find out once we actually go to orientation." Hah. So yes, wait and see.

And forgive me. Probably no one is going to take an interest in this post. I'm just rambling. I really like using this blog to get my thoughts all sorted out. (If you weren't aware of that already.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I found your blog from MckMama's discussion board.

    I'm from NC, too=) And I will be a junior at East Carolina this fall. I also found out my schedule online before I went to Orientation, and I got the same schedule when I actually got to orientation. At ECU to sign up for classes, they give us pin numbers to sign in with to change everything. So at orientation, we got those pin numbers and I basically went online and changed EVERY class, haha. I hated the schedule they gave me.

    I looked at your schedule, and I also took a 10, 12, and 2 o'clock class on MWF and didn't like it at all. I made it like that because I figured I could eat from 11-12(which I did, and I did like that), but I had absolutely nothing to do from 1-2. I thought I would do homework then, but that didn't happen haha! Campbell is (probably) a smaller campus than ECU, so you might be able to go back to your room or something between classes, but my dorm room was about a 10-15 minute walk from the classes so I couldn't go back. But hey, you might like it:)

    I read some of your older post and I think you said you had to buy a bed for your room?! The dorms don't already have furniture in them?! You lucked out with your own room, though!

    I don't have a blog but I have you bookmarked so I might comment from time to time! Good luck with everything at Campbell, I hope you like it! And ECU plays yall in baseball so Go Pirates (haha!!)

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete