Tuesday, June 23, 2009

You have no idea...

how absolutely stoked I am right now. (And for those of you who are foreign to the word, stoked is like really really super excited.)

Why? you ask.

Oh, you didn't ask?

Well, too bad, I'm going to tell you anyway.

I finally got a call back from somebody about my dorm situation. They're keeping me in my original assigned room, but they're moving the girl who was going to be my roommate so I get my private room. Now, I was actually kind of irritated that they didn't move me closer to the center of campus like I asked, but that totally changed once I looked at the map of the dorm. It's officially the best possible dorm room. I'd show you, but blogger doesn't like the picture I made with color coding and such. So I'll just explain.

Awesome thing number 1: It's on the first floor.
Awesome thing number 2: It's at the end of the hall.
Awesome thing number 3: It's right near the only laundry room.
Awesome thing number 4: It's right near the back exit, which is like 20 yards, if that, away from the dining hall.
Awesome thing number 5: It's next to "the canteen", which I'm assuming is vending machines.

And the best for last....

Awesome thing number 6: I HAVE MY OWN BATHROOM.

Seriously, I completely freaked out when I looked at the map. What college freshman gets their own bathroom? I mean, if I had a roommate, it'd be the two of us sharing it, but the dorm is supposed to be set up so taht two rooms share a bath, and since my room is the end of the hall, it just got it's own. I am so happy about that part. :D

And to think, if I had gotten my first wish of being moved out of this dorm, there's no way I would have gotten this awesome setup. It's awesome what God can do when we're not looking, isn't it?

-----

Reason for being stoked number two.

My class schedule. I really didn't think we were getting these till orientation, but I was looking at Facebook and one of the other fellow rising Campbell freshman had posted a way to get to your schedule.

Monday-Wednesday-Friday

10:00 - 10:50 Relg 125 - Intro to Christianity
12:00 - 12:50 Hist 111 - Western Civilization
2:00 - 2:50 Engl 101 - Freshman Composition I

Tuesday-Thursday

9:30 - 10:50 Govt 229 - The National Government
12:30 - 1:50 PE 185 - Lifetime Wellness

Why am I stoked about this part?
Mostly because I don't have any 8 am classes. Mornings are so not my thing, if you weren't aware.
And none of the classes are super late, either.
And I have time to get lunch each day between classes.
And I'm done early, so I have time to relax and then go to the gym or the pool.

So yeah...all in all, this was a really really really good day. Mallory is a happy girl. :D






I CAN'T WAIT FOR AUGUST 15!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds great!! My freshman year I was in the attic of a dorm with 11 other girls - & we all shared one bathroom! Of course, it had more than one shower & toilet, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes ME want to go to College/University!!
    God has been working overtime for ya, girl... that's so awesome. Can't imagine a better setup, or schedule!!

    Woooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete