Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I am not a mom!

Today, I went out to lunch with Kasey and her babies, Peyton and Logan. (Remember this post?) It was a treat for my birthday since she didn't get to come to my party on Sunday. She brought the babies into the restaurant in their double stroller, and they were sitting next to the table. Waitresses were constantly coming up to look at them, of course.

Well, Kasey went to the bathroom towards the end of lunch, and while she was gone a waitress came up and was talking about how cute they are, and she asked me what their names were so I told her, and then she asked, "So how do you like having twins?"
I just kind of looked at her and grinned and was like, "Uh, they're not mine. I'm 17."
Waitress: Really?!
Me: Yeah, actually, I just turned 17 yesterday.
Waitress: Whoa. I so thought you were like 23, and that they were yours. Lucky you, cause pretty much everyone thinks I'm 17, and I'm 22. I'm sorry!
Me: *laugh* Don't worry about it. I get it a lot.

And really, I do, because no matter what people I'm with, if I'm with a young kid, everyone automatically assumes the kid is mine. In fact, when I was 13, a lady thought my 6 year old cousin was my daughter. Yet, no matter how many times it happens, it never gets old or ceases to make me laugh. :)

It was so good to spend time with Kasey! Lately she's more like a sister to me than my own sisters. She gave me such great advice about lots of different stuff, and it was just nice to talk to someone who actually listened to me. And the chocolate cheesecake I had for dessert? That was just extra goodness.

-----

Speaking of babies, I think my mom is a psychic. She has predicted all three of Kasey's pregnancies (1 miscarriage). And about a month ago when her best friend Rachel got married to her daughter's father, she warned her to "be careful" because she had had a dream that Rachel was pregnant again. Rachel thought her two nephews who are 2.5 years apart were "waaaaaaaay too close together" and was adamant that she wasn't going to have another kid till Abby was at least 4. Abby and this new baby are going to be 13 months apart! She called my mom yesterday and said "Damn you and your dreams! Joe's getting a vasectomy!" They just found out about 15 minutes before she called my mom, too. And when I heard my mom laughing as they hung up, I came out of my room and asked, "Is she pregnant?" She was laughing about it for like an hour. We told Kasey about it, and she was like "You better not have anymore dreams about me!" Hahaha.

You know what they say - if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans. ;)

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!!!!!! Well, your mom won't be dreaming about me, ha ha!!!

    Hey, one of these days, when we meet, we'll get a good laugh when they ask you if Brandon's yours. You're what, a lil' more than 4 years older? ;) I'm not sure if people think I'm older or younger. I think they're surprised I'm "young", but that might be because they know my kids' ages, and don't realize I got married young (I was 20), and started a family soon after. They look at the white hair too, and that throws 'em for a loop. ;)

    ReplyDelete