Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Maybe one day?

I need to write a book.

That's what people tell me, anyway.  I need to write a book about my life and share my story with a larger audience.

Part of me wants to, and part of me finds thinks I don't have enough to say to fill an entire book.  I don't have a clue as to how to organize it.  I don't know what to write about, other than my life, but that wouldn't exactly be a very coherent or entertaining read.  I ramble too much.  I'd have to narrow it down, focus on different pieces, plan an outline.  And there'd have to be a point, because a bunch of strangers aren't going to be interested in the stuff that's gone on in my life unless there's a point.  They have to relate to it, and how can I make people relate to something so out of the ordinary?

I feel like if and or when I'm supposed to do this, the inspiration will hit.  Right now, I just can't see it happening.  I'm not saying I can't see it EVER happening, because I know all too well what happens when I try to plan the future, but it's just not in the picture.  There are too many questions and too many things still up in the air regarding New York and that's gonna be such a huge change that I can't write it anytime soon.  It'll happen when it's meant to happen.  That sounds cheesy, but I really believe it.

I don't know what brought that on, but there you go.

A couple asides: My mother woke me up to harass me about a Big Bang Theory flash mob.  And also I have the money for an apartment now.  And also I got to have a lovely chat with my friend Lauren and it was the highlight of my day.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment