Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'.

So I rolled out of bed this morning and went to go to the bank that my aunt and uncle's check was through to get a cashier's check to take it to my bank to deposit it so that we didn't have to wait for it to be held to get these debts paid off.  Well, long story short, we ended up opening an account there because my bank isn't anywhere north of like Maryland and this bank is all over Manhattan.  The ironic part is that I USED to be a member at this bank, but switched to the other bank because it was the only bank near Campbell.  And now I'm back!  After we got all that business set up, we went to go close out the account I've had for the past 5 years.

We came back and Mom immediately paid all of the debts and actually managed to negotiate two of them and saved me about $400.  The annoying part is that it will be close to the middle of next week before we have all of the documentation to send into the Federal Aid people to prove that they're paid.  Lame rules.  But hey, some progress is better than no progress!

The rest of the day was basically spent looking online at apartment listings.  As of now, around the end of the month, once all the loan stuff is taken care of, Mom and Aunt Julie (reminder: not actually my aunt, my mom's lifelong best friend) will be going up to NYC to nail down a place for me to stay. It's just too much for me to do something that hectic in the heat, and I trust them both with my life, so I know they'll get me a good place.  Plus, Aunt Julie has some extended relatives that live up there who can let them crash at their place and save hotel fees, so that's a bonus.

Looking online at all the different listings was so much fun.  I got to dream.  And with the pictures, I imagined myself living in some of the places.  Some of them not so much, ha!  Like really, I can make compromises on size, location, many things, but sharing a bathroom with strangers that unlike at Campbell might actually be nasty men? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

But yeah.  I'm dreaming.  I don't normally let myself do that too much out of fear that it will all fall to pieces, but with this, I just can't help it.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment