Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Well, that was easy.

I got a call back from the Federal Student Aid people this afternoon.  All they needed to adjust the decision regarding my loan application was a screenshot of my online banking emailed to them that showed proof of payment on each of the five accounts in collection.  So we don't have to deal with the tedious process of gathering letters showing a zero balance from each of the five companies.  And I made sure to explain that two of the accounts were settled for less than they were charged for, so that's why two of the numbers would not match up to their records.

An email.  That's all it took.  Like ten minutes after I sent the email in, I got another email saying that my credit appeal case had been approved.  By the end of business tomorrow, NYU should have all the proper information regarding the loan amounts to give to me.  Which means the loans are officially mine.  I've never been so happy to be thousands and thousands of dollars in debt in my life.  But I'm gonna call NYU on Friday just to be sure it's all secure and my loan amounts haven't changed.  Can't be too safe after all this craziness.

This was the most stressful four weeks I've had in a very long time.  I'm so glad I don't have to worry about it anymore and we can finally really start planning for the move and not have to panic about it coming through.

Of course, there's still all sorts of other stuff going on with the family and Mom's job, but you know what?  I feel like I'm gaining more and more trust in the Lord by the day.  He's proven Himself so faithful to me through this whole loan/NYU messy process, and other stuff aside from that has worked out even when we weren't sure that it would, so I just can't help but feel like the rest of the stressful stuff will work out, too.

And that's a really good feeling to have.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment